When I think of winter-time family gatherings, I think of board games, cider, and broccoli casserole. My friend Cody once called this dish a hillbilly’s perfect dinner, but if being a hillbilly is wrong, I don’t want to be right.
- 20 oz frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (usually around one block)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 gloves garlic (optional)
- 1 bag ruffled potato chips – actual amount needed depends on the size of your pan
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Thaw/defrost the broccoli so it’s not frozen when you start.
- Stir everything other than the chips together in a bowl, mixing well. Spread into a casserole dish – any size you want, depending on the surface area you want to leave for the chips. (We did it in a huge pan so basically every other bite had chips on top).
- Top with crushed potato chips.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes – let rest for 5 minutes when done, as this comes out of the oven really hot!
Does your family have any crazy recipes that show up at group gatherings? Anything with potato chips on top?
One thought on “Rocking the broccoli casserole”
YUM!!! I want some!!!