Before my cold got utterly out of control, I had an awesome weekend in NH visiting with family and enjoying all the cheesiness that the granite state has to offer. Here’s my weekend in photos – not pictured is my lovely family, the amazing food my aunts cooked, our fun trips to the store (including ordering an iPhone!), and the bajillion cups of tea I drank.
Awesome vintage books at the library book sale
At the lake house. Not pictured: the 26 family members laughing in the house.
Spiritsong drummers at the pumpkin festival featuring my mom and some enthusiastic fans
A lesson from the girl scout camp that might be the site of an upcoming family wedding – stay tuned!
Goffstown Pumpkin Regatta – more on this later!
The highlight reel:
- Finished the Tory Row 5K with mom in less time than we predicted – AND not being last!!!
- Got all my herbs and tomato plants into the ground before brunch
- Snagged the last three seats at brunch at Highland Kitchen (beignets = best recovery food ever!)
- Went on a shopping spree with Katie and bought everything we ever needed, and very few things we didn’t (that hat was too good to pass up)
- Finally used my Christmas bonus to buy myself an awesome new camera – expect to see lots more pics soon!
- Explored new shops in Harvard with Beth despite the rain
- … and still snuck in a two hour nap in our newly-cleaned living room
Now THAT’s what I call a weekend!
Because let’s face it, any day in Boston where it isn’t snowing is pretty darn great.
My weekend can only be expressed in pictures. Luckily, I had my camera at the ready (for everything except the food, that is. But let me say, the California Pizza Kitchen has some all-star appetizers and any brunch that starts with beignets is a winner).
World Pillow Fight Day 2011 in Cambridge
A Blue Man and a happy fan
Sanding my new salvaged dresser
Here’s to spring, a new season of cheap adventures, working outdoors, and longer days for fun.
- Start with a full night of sleep.
- Throw in a sunny morning run, and cool down with brunch eaten while watching home improvement shows on HGTV.
- After a brief tidying session around the home, bundle up and explore the neighborhood while keeping an eye out for seasonal festivities.
- Add a dash of adventure by going down a new side street or checking out a store you usually just pass by.
- Stir well with the massive crowds who are out holiday shopping.
- Let this combination sit for three hours with best friends in a warm kitchen full of the scent of banana chocolate chip bread and the sound of game timers.
- Bundle up again and set out with your paramour for a wintery evening out.
- Rinse and repeat.
Did I miss anything? How do you define a perfect weekend?