Why I love online dating:
- It connects me to with cool, smart guys who I missed out on meeting earlier in my 20s since I went to a women’s college (and loved it!)
- It allows me to screen for that perfect dude who loves Back to the Future and London and agrees with gay marriage and actually likes his life – something you can’t know about an average Joe at a bar
- It gives me great stories to tell my friends
- It has led to love and happiness for at least 2 of my close friends, probably many more!
- It introduces me to videos like this one of Bill Murray’s awkward kisses, shared by the overpriced but hilarious folks at How About We…
- … and to videos like this powerful talk from Meg Jay on “Why 30 is not the new 20”. More on that later.
And hopefully, someday, it will lead me to someone awesome who gives me a great incentive to leave it all behind. Until then, I’m off to answer some dating questions!
I am on my way back from a week at the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, one of my favorite places on earth. Highlights of the week include being made fun of by 14 year old girls for having rabbit eyes (what would that even mean??) – I didn’t care as long as they laughed together! – seeing some of my ladies zip down from the top of the tower, and ruling over some pretty controversial games of mafia (alien abduction style) and silentball. It was a fabulous week as usual, and the tone was set perfectly when we watched this video before the session.
Check it out and let me know if it moves you as well. Have you been the creator of a lollipop moment? Do you owe it to someone to tell them that they’ve been responsible for a lollipop moment for you?
This video may be only 6 minutes long, but it made me want to be a better leader, a better person – it was a bite-sized reminder that small acts DO make a difference, and that we have the power inside ourselves to create them. So I’m heading home with a lollipop in my bag (literally), and hoping my campers feel the same way.