What’s better than a chocolate chip cookie, a peanut butter cup, and a brownie? Being able to eat all three of them at once.
I found this recipe on Pinterest and made it for my office’s Pie Day Friday. Even though it wasn’t technically pie (ok, not at all), it rocked because:
- I was able to get all the ingredients at CVS on my way home
- All the ingredients cost less than $10 and made more than 20 servings
- I was able to make different portions easily
- I was able to give the extra peanut butter cups to my gluten-free colleague so he could have somewhat the same thing as the rest of us
These were a huge hit and especially great for when you don’t have time to get to a full-blown grocery store or need something that travels well.
Peanut Butter Cookie Brownies
- 1 bag of small Reese’s peanut butter cups
- 1 box of brownie mix and the ingredients to make it (varies by box)
- 1 roll of refrigerated cookie dough or box of cookie dough mix and the ingredients to make it (varies by box)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Grease a muffin or mini-muffin tin
- Press cookie dough into the bottom layer of each section. Add a peanut butter cup. Top with brownie mix, filling to about 2/3 full overall. (The cookies and brownies will both take up a little more space when cooked.)
- Bake for 18 minutes, less for mini-muffins. When testing to make sure your treats are done, don’t let the melted chocolate from the peanut butter cup throw you off. I overcooked mine a little, but they were still delicious.
Done! I made 12 large muffins, 12 mini muffins, and 1 mini loaf pan (with the leftovers) with these ingredients. Serving recommendation: warm these up and top them with ice cream. You won’t regret it.