On Tuesday, I moved for the first time in 8 years. It. Was. A. Trip. Only emotionally and logistically because my new apartment is a mere mile from the old one, but it has still been my home for nearly the entire time I’ve lived away from my parents, so will take some getting used to.
What I lost
- A suction cup for the shower caddy
- The battery to my alarm remote
- Weirdly large hall closets
- A 250 step commute
What I gained
- The ability to sleep with the windows open to the sound of trains and rain (now that I’m not on a first floor facing the street)
- Built in exercise in the form of stairs and a twelve minute walk to the T
- Front and back porches
- An oven that holds a temperature (I hope!? Stay tuned for confirmation)
- A chance to see all my (TOO MUCH) stuff and start to think critically about how to pare down to what really matters
Do you have any “new home” tips my new roommate Sarah (from Mount Holyoke) and I should take into account for this new place? Share them here!