Tomorrow is my 29th birthday (and the four year anniversary of starting this blog!). As I thought about my plans for the next year, I realized how momentous 28 has been for me.
During the last 365 days, I:
- Rode in the front of a plane
- Flew a plane (yes, this finally happened! Full report later this fall…)
- Watched a Red Sox game from the Green Monster
- Learned to shoot a gun
- Celebrated my best friend (aka my sister) and her husband as they got married
- Hosted bachelorette parties for Kat and Prithu
- Taught a crafting class at my grandma’s retirement home
- Took a French class
- Kissed a lot of frogs
- Flew through the air on a flying trapeze
- Hosted a high school reunion
- Joined a feminist book club
- Captained my softball team
- Started playing volleyball again
- Saw some amazing live theater
- Went to Europe by myself
WOW, 28. You really outdid yourself. And all that is on top of the work adventures, the hikes and kayak rides and delicious meals, the friends and family who I got closer to or met this year and celebrated life with.
It’s been a good – no, great – year, and I can’t wait to see what’s ahead. Onward to 29!