The best part of making this delicious recipe for Thanksgiving was seeing how incredibly easy it is to toast your own pumpkin seeds. Where has this idea been my whole life?? They’re great for:
- putting on top of stir-frys
- adding to salads
- snacking (dangerous, but good)
- putting on top of a pumpkin pie
With one bag of pumpkin seeds, you can make at least 3 servings of this – plenty of time to try all the combinations you can dream of!
Maple Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 3/4 cup raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, coating the seeds with oil and syrup. Pour into a foil-lined pan (rimmed cookie sheets work best, but I just used a baking dish).
- Cook until toasted – about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before enjoying on top of anything and everything you can imagine.