Second annual Color Me Rad – check! Compared to last year, this year’s run at the Brockton Fair Grounds was:
- More crowded, with waves starting from 8 AM through the afternoon
- Better organized, with good parking options and clearly marked areas
- More flexible – they actually invited you to start whenever you were ready instead of making you stick to a certain wave
- More colorful – the color felt a little bit more spread out than last year, but we got more of it early on and felt like we were really getting the point without trying too hard (no rolling around on the ground this year thank goodness – that stuff took forever to get off of my stomach!)
- Less crowd-focused at the end – last time, we all finished together and then had a giant party. Here, there was a host and people dancing constantly, but there wasn’t an all-out bash with group color throwing like there was last time. Hence, it would have been nice to have a slightly larger team together.
- Slightly more athletic – this was less winding through a parking lot and more of an actual course. It felt really easy though (other than mom’s blisters), probably because we were still in good share from our half marathon training.
- 50% more rad – the mirrored sunglasses, the knee socks, the music – it was all quite fabulous. Also hoping that their new instructions for keeping the color in actually work (last year they said soak in vinegar and it failed – this year they recommended spray adhesive. Fingers crossed!).
Onward to next year, and to seeing if I can get this dye off of my shorts!