I may not have been online for the past month, but I have been living it up, summer style, by:
- Playing on the friendliest softball team ever, a ragtag group of strangers who met in May and have been tearing up the field ever since. We won today’s game 16-8 and I pitched 4 innings and only let in a single run. Next week, I plan to duel with the “regular” pitcher to see which of us gets to dominate the next game.
- Basically forgetting that I own a fridge and eating at food trucks, new restaurants, friends’ houses, etc. for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and only really going into the kitchen for freeze pops.
- Celebrating Katey and Sal’s wedding last month with a rocking good time at a farm in Connecticut…
- … and getting ready to toast Kate and Cory at their wedding on Sunday, also at a farm, in Mass this time. Last weekend was our bachelorette extravaganza and it was a blast.
- Spending an awesome week at the lake with the fam, with lots of kayaking, s’mores, Settlers of Catan, and reading in the hammock.
- Working my butt off from the Boston office all the way down to DC.
- Falling deeply into the Game of Thrones series, books only. My theory is that if I can tough it through the books and skim over all the violence, the brutality of the TV show might be bearable. MAYBE.
- Some other athletic adventures (see more tomorrow!)
- Eagerly awaiting and then celebrating the royal baby – I am just going to call him that forever. Not offended by George, but also not impressed either.
- Attending the 10th annual barn dance with Sara, and bringing the family this time too!
- Growing the most out-of-control patch of cherry tomatoes you’ve ever seen. 18 plants started… 18 survive. Now to get some actual tomatoes out of them…
- Living vicariously through the TV show “Camp” and being glad for my own sane friend group by watching “Big Brother” with Katie
- Trying out for a game show (more on this later too!)
Stay tuned for more fun in the coming days/ weeks/ months! Hope your summer is appropriately chill and/or hot as well!