Summer opens up a million new ways to soak up the sunshine – even as work stays intense, weekends are filled with weddings and traveling, and patios serve up delicious food and drinks.
So I’m keeping moving this summer with some new, some old, and some totally free practices. Here’s where you can find me this summer:
- Playing softball with Social Boston Sports – we started the season as a group of free agents, but now we’re “Loose Change,” the friendly, talented, and generally awesome softball players who hit the fields by the Charles every Sunday evening. After the season ends in two weeks, we’re moving to another field to keep the fun going as a real team!
- Biking for the first time in years. I just got my biked tuned up and practiced riding it up and down the street today, without worrying about what my neighbors might think about a 27-year-old going in loops like a kid. Next up, taking it on the bike path (once my lights come in!).
- Free boot camp and outdoor exercise at Post Office Square – this is the awesome free one that I want to see YOU at! Sara and I went today and it was awesome – basically group training, if not personal training. The downtown location is perfect for me, the 7:15 start time gives me time for breakfast and a shower before work, and the trainers are really nice. Not near you? How about one of these other awesome outdoor exercise classes throughout the city?
- Running! Just because our half marathon is over is no excuse to stop running. I have two 5ks coming up, including Color Me Rad in July. I also got in a good sunset mile run around my neighborhood last week – when the sun stays out so long, I might as well join it!
- Dancing the night away. I think I got about a year’s worth of exercise at Katey and Sal’s wedding, between all the shimmying and shaking and grooving. So much fun, and dancing just makes me want to dance more… more… more! Let’s dance!
What are you doing to keep moving this summer?