I don’t really have words for the insanity for the last month, so let’s pretend that we already discussed it and are now ready to dive into March, however untrue that may be.
Thanks to a jam-packed bookstore in DC, I’ve had a few good books to read in the last week, but now I’m craving more. Here’s what’s on my shelf (and my Google reader) right now – what about yours?
- Jurassic Park – After reading this, I am NEVER going to watch the movie. I’ll stick with the MAD magazine parody instead.
- Get Real – I love me some Donald Westlake, and combining his mysteries with reality shows is a slam dunk.
- Dreams of My Father – Since I actually finished the first two already, this is what’s currently in my purse. That Obama dude – he sure knows how to write. I wonder if he’ll go anywhere… (and honestly, given how raw he is about some things in this book, I am a little shocked that he has!)
- Double Decker Days – This gal in Australia is renovating an old double-decker bus to LIVE in. I’ve been following her forever, but the work is almost done now, so check it out asap!
- Pigtail Pals – If you’ve heard me rant about pink legos or be upset about people thinking my cousin’s baby was a boy because we bought her a fish themed beach ball, this is the source of my anger. Feel free to join in the outrage against sexism, as perfectly described by the gang at Pigtail Pals.
- Fooducate – For all the things you never knew you needed to know about your food and the food industry. This blog is fascinating and just reading it (while I eat Girl Scout cookies) makes me feel healthier.