I dare you to find a richer, more decadent mocha cookie than this one from Gourmet. Kat and I made these munchies for her housewarming party earlier this year, and I recreated them this afternoon to bring to a bonfire tonight (I am daring myself to try them instead of a graham cracker in a s’more, though I may die from sugar shock…).
I used this recipe, with a few modifications:
- I ran out of white sugar and had to use some brown, which was fine, but I should have gotten all the lumps out in advance because they were a pain to do while cooking.
- I melted 2 of the cups of chocolate chips and only put 1 cup in before baking – last time, we melted all the chocolate and it was great, so I didn’t want to go to far with their 50/50 breakdown – these cookies are so rich, you don’t really need pockets of chocolate.
- I tried to bake some in a mini-muffin pan because I ran out of baking sheets. Major fail.
- I used instant espresso powder – last time, we used actual espresso, which left a bit of a crunch in the final product. This way isn’t necessarily better, it was just cheaper. (I might even try it as a drink later…)
- I ate way too much batter, and now I am stuffed.
What’s your favorite kind of cookie?