In order to evaluate any roadtrip (or trip in general), you must see if certain criteria have been met:
- Did you get lost at any point and laugh as you found your way back to humanity?
- Did you eat at least two meals in the car and another in a parking lot/rest stop?
- Did you get scurvy from eating only white carbs for 72 hours straight?
- Did you sing to a rocking 90s music and argue over the contents of one such playlist?
- Did you use public buildings and campaign headquarters as pit stops?
- Did you have conversations about life, the universe, and the validity of KFC’s Double Down sandwich?
- Did you pull a quick u-turn when you saw a giant native American statue on the side of the road?
Oh yeah we did, and how! (Get it?)
I still think that if P and I are going to make a career of campaigning cross country, we need a better GPS, a cooler full of fruits with vitamin C, stronger bladders, and a car that I am allowed to help drive. But we survived this trip and are still best buds, so I have faith in us. Watch out world, we’ll be on your road sometime in the (distant) future!