After a great weekend of fun times with my friends, I stumbled across this awesome blog. Even though these people were all already famous when they met (Mr. T with Nancy Reagan on his lap? Paul Newman and Robert Redford playing ping pong?) it makes me wonder what people will say of the pictures I’ve taken over the years. Will they say “Wow, who knew that the future President and the latest Grammy winner were at the same Oscar party in 2011? Did you know that the gal who won the Nobel prize in literature went on a road trip with that all-star chef back in the day?”
So, when I try to take your picture, even when you’re washing dishes, take a cue from Michael and Paul and smile!
- Start with a full night of sleep.
- Throw in a sunny morning run, and cool down with brunch eaten while watching home improvement shows on HGTV.
- After a brief tidying session around the home, bundle up and explore the neighborhood while keeping an eye out for seasonal festivities.
- Add a dash of adventure by going down a new side street or checking out a store you usually just pass by.
- Stir well with the massive crowds who are out holiday shopping.
- Let this combination sit for three hours with best friends in a warm kitchen full of the scent of banana chocolate chip bread and the sound of game timers.
- Bundle up again and set out with your paramour for a wintery evening out.
- Rinse and repeat.
Did I miss anything? How do you define a perfect weekend?